BitStarz is indeed a legendary bitcoin casino. Established in 2014, it keeps providing outstanding service on all fronts: games variety, promotions, customer support and overall usability. It has multiple “Casino of the year” awards, so in this honest review will be considered its pros and cons to find out if those awards were deserved rightfully.
First of all, like any other serious online-casino, BitStarz has a valid license issued by the Government of Curacao. As stated in the casino’s Terms of Service, players from Spain, Great Britain, USA, France, Netherlands, Dutch West Indies and Curacao are not allowed to play here for real money (including Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies).
Simple registration is required in order to become a member and be able to play, so after entering credentials (email and password) and confirming the email, the account is ready - literally takes one minute. Only one sign up per player is allowed by the rules, so creating multiple accounts may lead to suspension of them all. Though, if there is a need in new account due to any reason, players can rely on BitStarz support, which is available through several means: email, 24/7 live chat and social accounts.
As the casino powered by SoftSwiss (one of the most popular and reputable casino management system providers) all players are granted with convenient dashboard to manage any needed activities splitted into separate tabs:
- Balance - there are separate balances for all acceptable currencies, which can be tracked and managed via the balance tab (deposit, withdrawal and active currency selection)
- History - info about all player’s transactions (bets, bonuses, withdrawals, deposits etc)
- Bonuses - management of BitStarz bonuses (activating codes if any, rollover progress tracking)
- Profile info - all player’s credentials (name, nickname, address, phone number etc) and account configurations; there is also an option to add social network accounts to use it for logging into the account and 2-factor authorization (enabling 2fa is always strongly recommended)
- Gambling limits - great option for players who want to be sure they won’t lose more than they can afford: it is possible to set up limits for deposit, loss, wager, session, add cooling and self-exclusion period
- Documents - there are some documents may need to be uploaded to have fast withdrawals, which can vary from the deposit method (read more at the deposit/withdrawal section)
BitStarz is also a mobile bitcoin casino as the website perfectly adapts to any device (smartphone, tablet) and most of the games have full-screen mode.
The casino has extensive list of different promotions to make players’ gambling experience maximum productive.
It is hard to find the casino, which offers more generous deposit bonuses than BitStarz as each of the first four deposits grants players extra cash (wager requirement applied):
|1st||100% (up to 1 BTC) + 180 free spins|
|2nd||50% (up to 1 BTC)|
|3rd||50% (up to 2 BTC)|
|4th||100% (up to 1 BTC)|
The wager requirement for each bonus is 40x and the minimum deposit amount eligible for the bonuses is 0.0005 BTC (or 1000 DOGE, 0.01 ETH, 0.01 BCH, 0.025 LTC, 20 USD/EUR).
The promotion list is not limited with deposit bonuses and includes various game events on regular basis:
- Last Man Standing - wagering-based casino battle royale (slots only); wagering 20 EUR (or any other currency equivalent) on the day it starts and every following day until the event ends (when only one player remains), automatically makes any player a participant. The last player left wins the grand prize of 5000 EUR (with no wager requirement).
- Slot Wars - weekly wagering-based slots race; everyone who playing slots and has at least 4 deposits gets a place in the leaderboard (top 50) to compete for cash prizes or free spins depending on the points collected.
- Table Wars - weekly wagering table games race; similar to the Slot Wars, but with 20 winners and the points are being collected by playing table games.
- Seasonal events - about every three months BitStarz runs massive challenge with such fantastic prizes as branded hoodies, cash rewards and even real trips to warm countries.
- Free spins Wednesday - depositing on Wednesday brings players maximum value as it grants free spins (20, 80 or 200 depending on the deposit amount).
The nice thing about BitStarz to mention is that despite the impressive number of promotions, they clearly indicate any extra terms and requirements applied to the bonuses. Also, unfortunately, there is a short list of countries which are not eligible for any promotional offer: Hungary, Greece, Croatia, Sweden, Slovenia, Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Serbia, Mauritius and Macedonia. Though, they still can play the casino games, but for those who seek bitcoin casino with bonuses for any country including USA - take a look at FortuneJack review.
Tip: participation in events and wagering for the deposit bonuses can be combined to get maximum profit from playing at BitStarz.
Not hundreds, but thousands of games are in the library of BitStarz. To facilitate browsing, they all are divided into appropriate sections: slots, table games, live dealer games, jackpot and Bitcoin games. The approximate ratio is about 5% live games, 25% table games and 70% video slots. To not forget personal lucky or favorite game, players can create own preference list with their favorites or use search - another plus to the casino’s usability.
As BitStarz is more like classic online casino, there are no custom-made games, so all of them supplied by independent licensed casino software providers: Endorphina, Amatic, Belatra, Betsoft, Play’n’Go, GameArt, Habanero, NetEnt and more. That providers are well-known among online gambling community for outstanding game quality and excellent reputation, but if custom games are preferred - trying games at Stake might be another nice option to consider.
To please jackpot hunters, BitStarz offers a whole section with dozens of slots with progressive jackpot. Some lucky person recently hit the jackpot on the amount of 354 BTC in “Slotomon Go” video-slot. Indeed a life-changing win.
4. Deposit & withdrawal
As already mentioned, the casino accepts multiple currencies, including both fiat and crypto:
- accepted cryptocurrencies are Bitcoin (BTC), Ethereum (ETH), Dogecoin (DOGE), Litecoin (LTC), Bitcoin Cash (BCH) and Tether (USDT)
- fiat list consists of Euro (EUR), US Dollar (USD), Japan Yen (JPY), Australian Dollar (AUD), Canadian Dollar (CAD), British Pound (GBP), Swedish Krona (SEK), Polish Zloty (PLN), Norwegian Krone (NOK), Ruble (RUB) and China Yuan (CNY)
Each currency has its own balance, so if player wants to use multiple currencies for playing - the appropriate currency should be deposited to the corresponding balance, what can be easily done via player dashboard. Funds can not be transferred between balances, so users can only withdraw winnings in the currency they make a deposit.
To load up the account with fiat money there are several payment systems available: card (VISA, MasterCard, Maestro), Skrill, Neteller and WebMoney. So how quick a deposit will be completed depends on the payment system. Also need to mention that before making a deposit in fiat currency, the system will ask to fill the profile info, which can be avoided on this stage using crypto.
Regarding cryptocurrency, BitStarz follows best practices of bitcoin casinos, thus requires only 1 Bitcoin network confirmation to make player’s deposit available for play. When it comes to withdrawal, there may be some differences in the process for fiat and crypto: to withdraw winnings from one of the fiat balances player’s identity verification is obligatory, while the verification for withdrawal of bitcoins and altcoins may not always be asked.
However, any documents sent to BitStarz will be safely secured and won’t be shared to third-parties. Such procedure is aimed simply to avoid money laundering.
The withdrawal speed for cryptocurrency usually not exceeds 1 hour and usual currency cashout may take up to 1 day.
With all being said, the conclusion is pretty obvious: this casino is definitely worth trying, especially for players who like classic casino experience (table games, video slots) combined with cryptocurrency gambling features.
So about BitStarz in few sentences:
- combines in itself both usual online casino and Bitcoin casino
- awesome 24/7 support through different means (live chat, email, social accounts)
- 6 cryptos accepted and fiat
- thousands of games (table games, slots, live dealer) from licensed providers
- fast withdrawals (especially for cryptocurrency)
- great promotions and events
- some countries are not allowed (Spain, Great Britain, USA, France, Netherlands, Dutch West Indies and Curacao)
- KYC procedure may be required (to prevent money laundering)