Just a few years ago, when in the vast majority of online casinos you could only play on usual currency, one of the main concerns of the players was the verification process when it comes to withdrawing winnings. Now cryptocurrency casinos are rapidly replacing the “dinosaurs” of the online gambling industry, providing a number of advantages, the list of which includes the ability to play casino on bitcoins without identity verification (without KYC procedure).
About verification in online casinos
Verification is the process of player’s identity confirmation by sending documents or other informational materials (in digital form) that a particular casino requests. The list of such materials most often includes a passport, a bank statement which includes the physical address of player’s residence, a receipt for utilities (also with the address). Less often, a casino can ask to send a photo of the game account owner holding the passport.
Why casino asking for documents for withdrawal?
There may be several reasons for this and they may be different for each casino, but the most common ones include: prevention of money laundering, protection of player funds from being stolen by hackers, abuse of an affiliate program, verification of age.
Let’s consider the above reasons in more detail:
- Money laundering - criminals can register at the casino, make a deposit, make some insignificant amount of bets and then withdraw the money back, so that if something happens, they can explain the origin of the money by winning in a casino.
- Protection of accounts - no matter how powerful security system a casino has, there is always a theoretical probability that a player’s account will be hacked by hackers, so the casino can ask for confirmation that it’s the real account holder initiated withdrawal of the funds.
- Affiliate program - in most online casinos players have the opportunity to invite customers in exchange for a commission, which some cunning users can take advantage of by registering another account through their own affiliate link.
- Bonuses - many Bitcoin casinos (as well as regular ones) offer the most attractive bonuses for their first deposit, so there are players who try to scam the casino in an attempt to take advantage of a favorable offer several times.
- Age - gambling is allowed from the age of 18 (in some countries from 21), therefore, in order to not accidentally violate the law, the casino may want to make sure that the player’s age corresponds to the allowable one.
In addition to the above, one of the most important factors is that licensed online casinos for fiat currency should regularly report their income and expenses to governing authorities, including the tax service.
As you can see, online casinos also have good reasons to worry about their security, and all of the above applies to Bitcoin casinos.
Of course, there are simply unscrupulous sites that overcomplicate the process of withdrawal, trying to make life difficult for players to not pay the legitimate winnings, so it is important to responsibly choose the online casino, which is the main aim of our site.
What bitcoin casinos don’t request KYC verification?
At the moment, the situation with verification at Bitcoin casinos is much more simple: if the website accepts only cryptocurrency for play, then most likely verification is not required. This is primarily due to the fact that the legal sector in the field of cryptocurrency is still far from being developed as it is for usual currency, therefore reporting the money turnover of the bitcoin casino to the law enforcement authorities is not obligatory. In other words, the activity of crypto-casinos is not yet regulated, since Bitcoin has not yet officially been recognized as a real currency. Moreover, cryptocurrency is a decentralized phenomenon, which means that the regulation of its turnover contradicts the concept.
If you are an ardent opponent of the idea of sending personal documents to the casino and want to play Bitcoins as anonymously as possible, the table below provides information on verification for best crypto casinos.
|Website||Verification status||Accepted cryptos|
|Stake||Not required (anonymous)||Only cryptocurrency (100+)|
|BitStarz||Often asks||6 cryptos and usual currency|
|Crypto-Games||Not required (anonymous)||Only cryptocurrency (40+)|
|BetChain||Often asks||5 cryptos and usual currency|
|FortuneJack||Rarely asks||Only cryptocurrency (8)|
|NitrogenSports||Not required (anonymous)||Only Bitcoin|
|mBit||Rarely asks||6 cryptos and usual currency|
|OneHash||Not required (anonymous)||Only Bitcoin|
|Cloudbet||Often asks||Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash|
|Bitcasino||Not required (anonymous)||Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin|
|CryptoWild||Rarely asks||Only cryptocurrency (6)|
|Bitcoin Games||Not required (anonymous)||Only Bitcoin|
The most anonymous cryptocurrencies for gambling
Compared to conventional currency, cryptocurrencies have a greater degree of anonymity, however, if desired, the movement of funds can be tracked. This is due to the fact that all transactions are included to the blockchain system, which is transparent and, if you know the address of the user's wallet, everyone can see where the coins were sent from or to. This information is useless if you do not know who owns the wallet (and we remind you that no personal data is needed to register a crypto wallet). Usually, owners of publicly known wallets (for example, owners of crypto exchanges or media personalities) are afraid of such “surveillance”. However, even in this case, in the world of cryptocurrency, there is a solution that is often used by crypto casino players.
Monero is the most popular cryptocurrency in the world which supports anonymous transactions. This cryptocurrency is based on the CryptoNote protocol, which has the algorithm of ring signatures behind it. The essence of this approach is to mix information about transactions at the program level, which allows you to hide the amount, the recipient and the sender of the Monero transactions. Fortunately, there are enough crypto casinos accepting this altcoin. The most famous are Stake, FortuneJack and Crypto-Games.
Second most popular among anonymous cryptocurrencies is ZCash. Based on the cryptographic protocol of evidence with zero disclosure, which allows you to save transactions in the blockchain, without disclosing its participants and the amount. At the same time, it allows you to make transactions transparent, which can be useful for corporate accounting. ZCash is accepted by the same above mentioned crypto-casinos as in the case of Monero.
In conclusion, we would like to give a couple of tips from experienced players who can help avoid problems and misunderstandings with withdrawing funds from a bitcoin casino.
- When choosing a site for crypto gambling, pay attention to the presence of an SSL certificate. You can determine this by the lock icon before the site URL in the address bar of the browser. The sign "https" means the presence of an SSL certificate, while "http" - its absence. This is an important technical feature which provides security during data transfer between the site and the user.
- If the lack of verification is important for you, contact the casino support before making a deposit to find out whether the identity verification procedure is required for withdrawal of winnings.
- It is not recommended to use a VPN for playing in a Bitcoin casino (where the KYC is required), because information security team of such sites today have the skills to track it.